Monday, June 08, 2009

Its too late to be a pessimist!

The after effects of some movies do hit you hard... The two major ones for me have been Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and Yann Arthus Bertrand's Home... The contrast between the magical photography and the terrifying message struck me hard.

This 5th of June I went to bed thinking what I could do.

We all have a role to play in the entire game... but before that begins, its important that the issues dawn upon us.

Before I get onto that... the broadcast of Home was a phenomenon in itself... Youtube progressing from promoting classics to broadcasting a 90 odd minute long movie on the website.. one of the main channels of broadcasting the "free" movie, which has been a good marketing effort from the PPR group, outside Europe and the US.

As an individual, I don't know to what extent I can aid in resolving the issue of the catastrophe created by our species. Suggestions and opinions on that part are invited.

A few links I browsed through while the after-effects phase is lasting:

In the end it seems that Agent Smith's words had been very apt: "Human beings are a disease. A cancer to this planet."

No comments: