Sunday, June 21, 2009

The 121ers


This post comes way too late for the fantabulous time I've spent with the best possible people on the planet!... on the day I meet them the last time as a non-working person...

There are a few lines from the Scrubs episode "My Finale" which when I first heard reminded me of you all... Kancha, Pondi, Bala, Lord, Tony, Akank, Bhasin, Shreya, Tiny, Biyani... and here they are...

"Endings are never easy. I always build them up so much in my head, they can’t possibly live up to my expectations, and I just end up disappointed. I’m not even sure why it matters to me so much how things end here."

And here it was... doing what we did best.. MBA... Movies (and TV shows), Bakar and Alcohol... Getting into the entire mood of nostalgia... I try to recall how I started interacting with you all...

Kancha...
Day 0: the guy in that awesome Guess T-shirt!
Day today: That awesome friend who beats me at being spoilt! And who still doesn't know directions!

Pondi...
Day 0: that guy from my CL batch!
Day today: That friend who is amazing... and an integral part of my life... and my sole partner in the maximum-marginal-increase-in-weight-since-joining-MDI!

Bala...
Day 0: that guy on the dome with Akanksha
Day today: My docile teddy bear :)

Akank...
Day 0: that female with whom I share lots of common friends
Day today: that friend whos mostly lost.. but is still there

Lord...
Day 0: That studious guy from Sec C
Day today: That old man (and his scorpio) who has been an awesome part of vellaness

Bhasin...
Day 0: that guy who talks a lot in the OCPS class
Day today: that foodie friend with whom the coveted foodie day is pending!

Tony...
Day 0: that insane mallu
Day today: that insane mallu friend who deserves the best!

Shreya...
Day 0: that sweet girl who is fond of spending time on the dome
Day today: that awesomely sweet friend who I shall never forget

Biyani...
Day 0: that guy with common tastes as Akank
Day today: that dancing southie-at-heart uncle who is "brilliant"

Tiny...
Day 0: that girl who talks a lot
Day today: that friend who talks at a rate of 74 words per 30 sec and has been a hell of a shopping partner

To us! To friendship and good health!
Cheers :)

1 comment:

Kanishk said...

"Oh, and there we were all in one place,
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again..."

- Don McClean,
The American Pie Song